About Me

My photo
Web person at the Imperial War Museum, just completed PhD about digital sustainability in museums (the original motivation for this blog was as my research diary). Posting occasionally, and usually museum tech stuff but prone to stray. I welcome comments if you want to take anything further. These are my opinions and should not be attributed to my employer or anyone else (unless they thought of them too). Twitter: @jottevanger

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The new NPG website: lots of stuff to see

Well I've got little to say about this, not having actually checked it out yet, but it's exciting to hear that London's National Portrait Gallery has a brand new website which now gives access to what sounds like most or all of their collection. Here's the 24HM story. Doubtless there'll be interesting things to learn technically and organisationally about the thing (for one, it was outsourced to CogApp - I'm interested now to know about the skills they maintain in-house). Basically though I'm just excited to be able to go and use it myself. Cool!

No comments: